Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm getting paid for this

It's a couple days later now, but the other day I hopped off the ship in Champagne Bay. Amazing. We took a little ride up into the hills a little bit and entered the Blue Lagoon. I'm told there was a movie by the same name filmed here but who knows. What I do know, is that it was really amazing. After we paddled around in the lagoon for a while, we headed back to the beach.....the ride in the back of the truck just about did in my kidneys, but that's another story....and swam in the crystal clear waters and sunbathed on the pristine, white sand.

I spent most of that day with Dave and Kiwi Stef from the new cast and we all still can't get over the fact that we were being paid to be there. Beats working for a living.

I'm back in Brisbane for the moment. We're about to embark on a 3-night cruise that will be mainly full of industry people and people just looking for a booze cruise. We don't go anywhere, just out and around and back in with no ports to call. It's pretty silly but we've got 6 extra hours in Brisbane today as we won't sail until 8pm instead of the usual 2pm, so that's nice.

In the meantime, I just sent a box full of unnecessary clothes home in the hopes of getting the weight of my suitcase back under the limit for the return home. Going shopping for a box of cigars for Rich and I to split these last few weeks a little later on.

Finally got the materials to start writing Kalida's show. My brain is mush at the moment, but I need to find a way to buckle down and get at least a lead sheet sketch done before I go home. I'll also be writing Bellefountaine's show, so I'm excited to meet with them when I return home in a few weeks. Anybody else need an arranger?

I think I'll sign off for now. Too many IM windows open. I can't IM from the ship so it's nice to chat when I have some time....especiallly since I'm not rushed today.

peace
steve-o

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Man I wish I was there instead of here. Our parking lot at the school is a mudpit! Enjoy your last few weeks.