Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm comin' home!

My pardon has been granted! I'm coming home, boys and girls!

And I'm not coming home on March 17. I'm coming home on the 10th. Only 3 weeks to go and the current Pacific Star Trio will be gone forever.

I found out just this morning that my contract was shortened one week, without any warning by the powers that be in LA. I suspect that, as the other two guys in the trio were already set to leave on the 10th, that it makes more sense and may ultimately be easier to bring on a complete trio rather than piecing one together on the ship. Considering the fact that we spend better than 90% of our working time as a trio and not as the show band we thought we were hired to be, this makes a lot of sense.

Ironically, I was about to volunteer to extend one week to help smooth the transition with the two new guys that would have just come on for my last week. It also happens that the added week would have been a Cairns cruise and a nice way to end my contract, but we'll not mention that.

Oh well!

I'M COMIN' HOME!

See you all in 3 weeks.

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Sounds like you've had an interesting week. I hope you enjoy your last few weeks in warm weather. It is freezing in this part of the country.