Tuesday, January 30, 2007

almost there

Just 6.5 weeks remaining in my contract and the last one will be without Jerry. Unfortunately it will be without Rich, the drummer, but what can you do. I'll be laughing the whole way home that last cruise, I'm sure. Probably pack my bags before the new people show up and just wear my uniforms all week.

Black and White party in the crew bar last night. Interesting. Very interesting. It was also Laura's (one of our dancers) 19th birthday.

Life has been quiet this week. We've had a mess of seasonal youth staff on since mid December . The personel changed slightly week to week, but they were always present....until now. They all disembarked last Brisbane; along with Sandra and Troy, our teen director and deputy cruise director, as the summer holiday has ended for most Aussies and Kiwi's. This has also brought the return of a slightly higher class of passenger. We were dubbing the cruises since the New Year's cruise the "Trailer Trash" cruises. Not the highest class of passenger, but that's another story. With the departure of the youth staff came a deadly queit in the crew bar. I sat with David and Neil and two other gents that night in the crew bar and we were it. It was dead. Miss those folks.

Got a lot of sun today. Didn't take the hop onto Lifou (I've already been there 6 times and we'll be there 5 more times before I leave) but had a good day nonetheless. I'm on IPM (In-Port Manning....meaning I can't leave the ship) in Vila tomorrow so I'll be working on some arrangements and edits for our female productions singer's cabaret show on my computer and hopefully getting my first ever professional massage. Yay crew discount.

May have picked up another arranging gig in addition to Kalida, whose show I'm hoping to start next week, as long as the scores arrive. Haven't heard from Talawanda in a while. Starting to think Richard just decided to have Dave write theirs anyway. Being out here on ship probably cost me there. Lesson learned.

I'm running out of time on this access card so I'm gonna sign off.

Cheers

No comments: